LASER HAIR REMOVAL / IPL
IPL M22 is a modular multi-application platform for the treatment of over 30 skin conditions and hair removal. Used by physicians and laser clinic around the world, M22 enables you to treat more types of patients and conditions with better outcomes.
About Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal targets the entire hair structure, from the hair shaft, down to the follicle, meeting the principle of selective photothermolysis. Light energy with a specific wavelength is primarily absorbed by the endogenous chromophore melanin resulting in rapid heating which is required for local thermal necrosis of the follicles’ regenerative structures.
What Patients Should Know
• In general, three or more treatments are required to achieve permanent hair growth reduction.
• Darker hair responds best to laser hair removal.
• Lighter-colored hair is least responsive, but topical medications can be used in an effort to increase effectiveness.
• Patients seeking laser hair removal are advised to avoid tanning or sunless tanners and to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen for up to six weeks prior to treatment.
• The most common side effects include discomfort, swelling, and redness that last one to three days.
• Other possible side effects include blistering, herpes simplex outbreaks, bacterial infections and temporary skin lightening or darkening (especially in patients with skin of color or those with tans).
• The percentage of hairs removed per session varies by location on the body, with thinner-skinned areas (e.g., armpits and bikini area) generally responding better than thick-skinned areas (e.g., back and chin).
• About 10 percent to 25 percent reduction in hair growth can be expected with each treatment.
• Treatments are repeated every four to eight weeks, depending on body area. 4 for the face and 8 for the body.There is NO benefit to earlier treatment.
• The hair that regrows following treatment tends to be lighter and finer in texture.
• Patients are instructed to avoid sun exposure and to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 30 or higher following the procedure.